One of the many benefits of the HubSpot Salesforce integration is the ability to automate task creation without tapping your Salesforce admin for a new Process Builder, Flow, APEX Trigger, or Workflow Action. With the integration, you can easily create Salesforce tasks using the HubSpot workflow tool.
There are two approaches to creating tasks in Salesforce using a HubSpot workflow.
- Create a Salesforce task and assign it to the contact owner or integration user from HubSpot.
- Create a Salesforce task and assign it to a specific user (other than the contact owner or integration user) from HubSpot.
Here’s a quick walkthrough of both approaches, along with steps to implement.
Create a Salesforce Task using a HubSpot workflow
Create a Salesforce Task for the Contact Owner in HubSpot
Follow these steps to create a task in Salesforce from HubSpot for either the integration user or the contact owner.
- Create your workflow in HubSpot and update the enrollment criteria.
- At the appropriate step in your workflow, add the “Create Salesforce Task” option.
- Select the assignee, status, priority, due date, subject, and description.
- When all desired actions are added, activate the workflow and test.
Create a Salesforce Task for a Specific User in HubSpot
The following steps apply to creating a HubSpot task that will sync to Salesforce with a specific owner assigned.
- Check to make sure activities are syncing between HubSpot and Salesforce. To do this, navigate to Settings > Connected Apps > Salesforce > Activities Tab.
- If your Sales users are in HubSpot, ensure the “Salesforce Task Sync” toggle is turned on.
- To sync HubSpot activities with Salesforce, check the box for each listed activity type that should sync.
- Be sure to assign a task type for each of these activity types. You can request that your Salesforce Admin create a type for each activity or a general HubSpot task type for all activities.
- Import your Salesforce users to HubSpot. If you haven’t done this already, ensure all of your active Salesforce users are in HubSpot by navigating to Settings > Users > New User > Create Multiple Users at Once > Salesforce > Select All > Next > Assign the appropriate permissions > Next > Save.
- If you want all active Salesforce users to have login access, allow the invite email to send to all users. If not, simply uncheck that box, and the added users won't receive the email
- Create a task using the workflow tool. After configuring enrollment criteria, add a “Create task” action via the HubSpot workflow tool and assign it to a specific user. The resulting task will sync to Salesforce and assign to the correct user(s) without creating Salesforce automation to support it.
Looking for more tips and how-tos for the HubSpot Salesforce integration? Subscribe to our blog for weekly updates!