According to a 2021 survey of small businesses, 64% of respondents said that email was one of their primary marketing strategies to reach customers. According to this survey, email was only second to Facebook.
Similarly, HubSpot research found that email campaign managers ranked email segmentation (78%) and email automation (71%) as some of their most important email marketing tactics.
That’s why HubSpot remains the most popular marketing automation tool for all business needs. And with features like HubSpot Sequences and Workflows, marketers can employ automation and personalization to their advantage while using their native email inbox, such as Outlook.
Most importantly, when you integrate Outlook with HubSpot, you can perform all of your email marketing tasks from your inbox without navigating between two platforms. In addition, performing a HubSpot Outlook integration directly to your inbox is simple and easy to use.
To understand how these two platforms work together, let’s explore the benefits and features of a HubSpot Outlook integration.
Benefits of a HubSpot Outlook Integration
Navigating between your CRM and inbox can be cumbersome and difficult to manage. Fortunately, with a HubSpot Outlook integration, you gain access to HubSpot features from your inbox, such as contact details, templates, meetings, and sequences, all from the Outlook app.
Overall, you’ll gain access to the following features from your joint HubSpot Outlook integration:
- Access to HubSpot contact information in Outlook before sending an email.
- Log emails sent to Outlook recipients in HubSpot’s contact timeline to view their engagement.
- Choose from HubSpot templates directly in your inbox by clicking on the HubSpot sprocket icon.
- Track email metrics from Outlook directly in HubSpot’s reporting features.
- Track email opens and clicks in real-time without delay.
- Enroll contacts in HubSpot sequences directly from Office 365.
- Schedule and organize meetings over Outlook.
- Conduct A/B reporting on templates, images, and email material by tracking email engagement in HubSpot to make changes that bring real results.
How to Connect Outlook to HubSpot
*Desktop Add-in app no longer compatible with Office 365 Add-In, just the Outlook Add-In
*Not compatible with the Outlook app downloaded from the Microsoft store
*Ensure your Outlook version is set to Click to Run
*Requires minimum system requirements found here
*Some sales features unavailable without a connected inbox
The first method to download HubSpot to Outlook is with a downloadable program that creates an add-in on the top navigation of your Outlook bar. This add-in includes most of HubSpot’s sales and email marketing tools, including Templates, Sequences, Meetings, Snippets, and Documents.
To start, click on this link, which will automatically download the Outlook add-in for desktop Windows users. Then, complete the setup.exe installer to install the add-on successfully.
Users can also download the Google Chrome add-on, found here, to integrate the HubSpot add-in to Outlook over a Chrome browser.
Microsoft also offers instructions to centralize add-ins within your Office 365 subscription so that every user in your organization automatically gains access to the HubSpot drop-in.
You can also download the Office 365 Add-In that integrates HubSpot with Outlook on the web if you’re not using a chrome browser.
Tips to Customize Your Outlook and HubSpot Integration
Once you install the HubSpot add-in with your Outlook account, you can take several steps to streamline your integration and make the most of your connected inbox.
Go to your Outlook desktop add-in settings and click the following:
- Show Contact Profiles: This add-on provides the HubSpot profiles of associated email accounts so you can view them before you send an email. Use this to create personalized emails that appeal to your buyer persona and lead to action.
- Enroll leads in sequences directly from Outlook before sending an email to ensure there is timely follow-up and continuous engagement on both sides.
- Click the Log Email and Track Email boxes to track data for every email you send through Outlook. For example, this will allow you to track contact engagement inside HubSpot and see what happens after you send an email in Outlook.
- Enable Notifications in Microsoft Teams and your HubSpot account so that you never fail to follow up with an email response again.
- Customize the associated defaults that email data will automatically log to, including tickets, deals, existing contacts, new contacts, and companies.
- Add email addresses to your Never Log list if you don’t want to be tracked by HubSpot.
- Sync your HubSpot and Office 365 Calendar to improve project management between team members and ensure you never miss an important meeting with a client.
- Use HubSpot’s Meetings feature to schedule calls and demos with clients over email that will send reminders to both parties before a meeting.
Integrating Outlook and HubSpot allows users to unleash HubSpot’s automation features directly in their Outlook inbox.
From sequence enrollment to meeting scheduling, the Outlook HubSpot integration gives marketers the tools they need to improve their lead engagement strategy and secure more sales.
Contact Coastal Consulting for a HubSpot audit to improve your email engagement and stop losing leads. We offer quick turnarounds (within ten business days) and provide steps to help you manage your CRM and improve its operational efficiency. In addition, we offer HubSpot Salesforce integration services to ensure all third-party integrations run smoothly.
You May Also Like
These Related Stories